Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just Vance.............


Ever since we had Madison, my time with Vance has been at least cut in half. It makes me sad, but he has adjusted very nicely. He can entertain himself almost as much as he entertains me. The other day I was wondering where he was because I hadn't seen him in a while. There he was in the back yard just jabbering away to himself and drawing on his pad. He was out there for probably 10 minutes doing this. I thought it was so cute. Just sitting in nature looking for inspiration for his drawings. I love watching him grow!

Vance still has his food allergies and every time I think he has improved, he'll find a gold fish or lick my milky spoon from cereal and throw up again. It makes me so sad for him to see us eating normal food and know our normal food is his poison. But alas! I went to Whole Foods and found some waffles that Vance can eat. I didn't know if he would like them because 'special food' isn't the best tasting. But I poured on the syrup, and he was in HEAVEN. He ate that thing so fast. I was soo happy for him. Since then, he asks for waffles for every meal. I also found some chocolate chip cookies and pretzels that he can tolerate. Thank goodness for Whole Foods!


8 comments:

Cara said...

Those pictures are so cute- cant wait to hang out soon. When are you heading to AZ?

Kris & Amy said...

Those pics of Vance are adorable! I'm excited to see you guys this weekend. :)

Taylors said...

I miss Vancey Pants! He is getting so big. I would love if we lived closer. :(

The Church's said...

I love Vance!!! He is so funny!

Kittyrunner said...

He is so cute! I love the outdoor pictures! How funny! Can't wait to get together...some day. :) By the way, I'm sending you an invite to my blog now! Sorry it took a little while.
JoAnn

keganichols said...

Your blog is so cute. I can't believe how big Vance is! Madison is such a doll.

hyrum♥chelsea said...

we've got to get him & hardy together! hardy would follow him around until vance went crazy> :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute facelift. Vance is going to be so fun as he gets older he is such a mellow and tenderhearted little guy, those pictures are so.....him. It's nice that you are able to count on him entertaining himself instead of him needing you all the time.

I was chatting with Neisha yesterday and she just bought a new baby thing that I think you might like to have for Madison. It's a wrap that she carries her baby in and she is loving it because her hands are free. I will call you and tell you about it later.