Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Meet Madison!

Madison and her Daddy!

First night home!
Madison Sage (20 minutes old)

Well despite my impatience, Madison came not a moment too soon. She was born on Monday, February 9 at 2:05 pm. She was just a little bigger than Vance weighing in at 6 lbs. 5 oz. and 20 inches long. She has a good amount of hair which I was pretty excited about. It's dark now but I am curious to see how it turns out. I went to the hospital at about 11:30 that morning and had her by 2:05. It all went so fast I hardly felt the epidural! I can't complain though. I was so happy to get to sleep at home and have her during the day - I couldn't have planned it better. I only wish my mom would have made it, but she was stuck in the car for 8 hours on what should have been a 4.5 hour trip. The weather was horrible that day. But it all worked out, she's here now to take care of Vance. We are so proud and happy to have a new addition to the family and I am loving the pink! We got to come home the next day at about 7:30 pm because I was anxious to see the new dynamic. Vance is doing well. He is so wrapped up in having Grammy here that he hardly misses my attention. He hasn't shown any signs of jealously as of yet and I am thrilled. But I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings!



10 comments:

Kris & Amy said...

Yay! Congrats guys! Alison, you look amazing and can't even tell that you just had a baby! Your face is as skinny as ever! Love her name! Very cute. We will have to come visit you guys soon.

Phelps Family said...

That is great! She is so cute. Be sure to keep posting pictures of her. My little one is getting so big. She will be two in May.

Janaye Phelps

Cara said...

She is adorable- I love the her dark hair and hope she keeps it! And you look fabulous! I wanna come visit so let me know when everything calms down. Love ya

Taylors said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!! She is beautiful!!! I love her dark hair! Didn't you always say that you wanted a blonde boy and brunette girl? I can't wait to meet her!

Matt and Cindy said...

Congratulations! She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her.

The Wylers said...

She is adorable! I showed everyone at work her picture and they are all very excited for you. Everyone said to tell you congrats! You almost made it to Emily's birthday. ;)

Janelle said...

We are so excited for you! Madison is so cute! I can't wait to meet her. You look GREAT!

The Fish Family said...

Please tell me your secret for looking so amazing after having a baby. I always look like a train wreck and you are picture perfect. And so is that little girl. She is gorgeous. Congrats!!!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

So not fair how amazing you look 20 minutes after having a baby!! I LOVE the name Madison! Congrats new mommy & daddy.

Kittyrunner said...

It's true--you look AMAZING! Let alone 20 minutes after delivering a baby. Wow! And Madison looks so cute! I'm so happy for you guys. It has been so long since we've seen you. I hope we can get together sometime when things have settled down for you.